Come learn the basic principles of creating a website with WordPress.com and WordPress.org. Both are popular, free applications that people use to build professional websites and blogs. No special software is necessary and WordPress can run on Windows and Mac computers. We’ll be using WordPress.com on PCs in class; but feel free to bring your own laptop if you’d like to use it.
WordPress is user-friendly; provides good search engine optimization; and has lots of free online support. In addition, it’s easy to update your content online and set up your site with a professional theme. Come see why there are over 56 million WordPress sites in the world today!
In this class, you’ll…
- Learn the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
- Design a website and optional blog with WordPress.com
- Create content pages including About and Contact pages
- Learn the difference between a page and a post
- Add an image to a page or post
- Create links and menus
- Choose a WordPress theme
- Learn about web hosting and domains for WordPress.com and WordPress.org sites
Come with an idea of how you would like your website to look, the content you would like to include, and any Web-ready photos that have been re-sized for web pages.
You’ll need to be able to access your email account online in class to set up a WordPress.com account.
When: Friday, July 18 OR September 19 OR November 14, 2014
Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Materials Cost: $10.00
Instructor: Kathy Van Pelt
Location: MiraCosta College-San Elijo Campus
San Elijo campus, Room 112